Connect Scaffolding Ltd is an award-winning scaffolding and access company based in Bishop’s Stortford. We carry out a wide variety of projects within London and the surrounding areas.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Scaffold Design Engineer to join our busy team.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities include:
- Production of temporary works designs of varying complexity from concept through to completion.
- Production of scaffold design calculations and design risk assessments.
- Project management and effective time management to ensure deadlines are met.
- Keeping up to date with latest industry guidance, British Standards & Eurocodes to ensure compliance of all designed solutions.
- Providing advice to clients and colleagues on design related matters and best practice.
- Conduct site surveys in order to gather the necessary information to safely and effectively carry out design duties.
- Represent the company at design meetings with other industry professionals in order to progress design projects.
- Communicate with clients and colleagues at all levels.
Key Skills and Experience
- 2+ years experience in scaffold design desirable.
- Sound knowledge of traditional tube and fitting scaffold and Layher system scaffold.
- Experience using AutoCAD software in the working environment.
- Working knowledge and understanding of design standards EN 12810, EN 12811, BS 5975, BS EN 1991-1-3, BS EN 1991-1-4 & full suite of NASC Guidance documents.
- Ability to produce supporting calculations for verification of designs
- Awareness of CDM 2015 and an understanding of designers duties and responsibilities.
- Experience of reading and interpreting structural drawings, client briefs and technical data.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience using Revit software in the working environment.
- Working knowledge of a structural analysis software, ideally Graitec Advanced Design.
- Experience checking and signing off designs for construction.
- Basic understanding of Building Information Modelling (BIM) requirements.
- Degree / HNC / HND qualified in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Commitment to Continued Professional Development.
Our business is built on delivering great customer service, to do this we need great people, if you want to be part of a team which works hard but has a great team work attitude, if you want to learn and progress with a very successful and highly regarded Company then we would like to hear from you.