Is an office job not for you? Would you prefer a physical job where you can work in a team, gain skills and have fun whilst you work? If so, this could be the job for you! We have an exciting opportunity for a Yard Labourer to join our team based in Bishop’s Stortford.
Connect Scaffolding Ltd is an award-winning scaffolding and access company based in Bishop’s Stortford. We carry out a wide range of projects across London, Cambridge and the South East. As a company, the training and development of our people is of top priority to us.
Loading and unloading of company vehicles. Servicing, sorting and picking equipment.
- Supporting the Yard Manager & Yard Supervisor
- Ensuring correct equipment is delivered to site
- Ensuring all the equipment is fully serviced, stacked neatly and ready to be put onto site
- Maintaining a safe and tidy working environment, within the yard
- Load and unload vehicles with the correct equipment. Heavy lifting involved
- Stocktaking of yard equipment
- Understanding and co-operation in all Health & Safety matters
- Previous construction experience (e.g. labouring/warehousing, or alternatively an physical outdoor role/experience) an advantage but not necessary
- Full UK driving licence and own transport due to the location of the yard (Bishop’s Stortford)
- Forklift licence and experience an advantage but not necessary as full training will be given
- Good level of physical fitness due to level of work
- Strong team-player who is willing to get stuck in and support their colleagues with additional tasks when required
- Good with heights
- Problem solving, improvising and use of own initiative
If you think this is something that you could physically do, if you want to be part of a team which works hard but has a great team work attitude, and if you want to learn and progress with a very successful and highly regarded scaffolding Company then we would like to hear from you.